PDA

View Full Version : Best way to use DE to clear water bubbles from a sand filter pool

phillipjko
05-08-2016, 09:03 PM
Through the years the pool has been balanced.. it looks cloudy and I have to use DE (diatomaceous earth) to clear the pool of those tiny micrososcopic bubbles all over. It works problem is it takes too long. Each time I add DE to the skimmer.... I add the ear and water to it and add it like 3-4 cups or less problem is it increases the pool pump pressure to nearly 30 and thus making the pump not skimming. I have to do a backwash > Rinse or even drain off the water with the DE along with it. How do I add DE without affecting the pool pump pressure. I have a 16 x 32, 23,0000, Jacuzzi Sand Filter which is like zillions of years old but it works well, Salt Water System, Chlorinator dispenser which comes in handy sometimes... what can I do to clear the bubbles which is making the pool very cloudy.. as I can see the bubbles from the underwater lights when turn on in the night. Seems like where I put the pressure clock thing has sometimes some drips of water coming out from it. Is that causing the bubbles?

FormerBromineUser
05-09-2016, 11:37 PM
It sounds like you are adding too much DE. Next time you backwash/rinse, follow these directions on how to add DE: http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthread.php/3742