PDA

View Full Version : Another cloudy pool

saseals
06-13-2006, 05:52 PM
Here are my test results. I know that my Cl is low...I plan to shock in a few minutes.

TC 2
Alk 70
CYA 25-30
pH 7.5
26k gallon above ground pool

Sand filter is running 24/7. I am on a cistern, so I can't drain the pool or do much vacuuming to waste. For those unfamiliar with a cistern, it is a storage tank and I catch rain water for my water supply...so I can't just let the hose run wild.

Do I need to boost my CYA? My pool is a blue cloudy pool. No visible algae. What Cl level should I go to? 15, 20?

Thanks for the help.

aylad
06-13-2006, 06:24 PM
I'd take the Cl level to 15. If you're keeping chlorine in the pool with no problem, you might want to leave the CYA where it is. However, if you find that you're dropping to 0 during the day, you might want to up it a little.

Janet

saseals
06-14-2006, 04:06 PM
After 24 hours, the pool doesn't look a whole lot better. I have used 8 gallons of 10% bleach to keep the Cl up around 15.

pH is 7.5
Cl is 15
Alk 70
CYA 30
26k gallon above ground pool
Hardness: drops change color as soon as I add it to the water sample.

I haven't seen a whole lot of improvement since yesterday. Am I doing something wrong?

aylad
06-14-2006, 04:16 PM
Not necessarily. Do you have a way to test for cc? That would help tell you if you're fighting something in the water. Keep it at shock level for another day, and see if it helps. Also, AG pool filters often tend to be undersized, taking a lot longer to filter the water than others do. Make sure your filter is running 24/7 for the next few days, and it should clear up.

Janet