PDA

View Full Version : Pool Cover Mess W/ Chemistry...???

quenterry0
06-13-2006, 02:39 PM
My pool went from green to crystal clear all thanks to you great people on this forum!!!! :) THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

Okay, now for my question...

We've had alot of rain over the last 24 hours and getting ready to get all the rain from TS Alberto. I have an Intex Easy Set 18' pool and the cover that goes with it. Would it bother the chemistry of the water at all by covering the pool during the day when I know its going to rain or at night?? I keep thinking I'll take the cover off and have algea BUT I will check the water everyday like normal and add my bleach to it as normal. Just in the past 24 hours from all the rain the pool is getting cloudy. I dumped in bleach last night and its looking better this morning but I do not want a green pool again :( Should I put the cover on there just to keep the rain water and debris out? Is this helpful? Any suggestions?

Thanks again!!! :)

aylad
06-13-2006, 04:23 PM
I think I would put the cover on just to keep the debris out, IF you don't have strong winds that would rip the cover. If the winds are too high, forget the cover and just deal with the water when the storm is over. If it were my pool, I'd go ahead and shock it now, and keep it at shock level as much as you can throughout the storm so that nothing gets a foothold and starts growing in there, especially if you lose power for an extended period of time.

Good luck, hope you don't get any damage.....

Janet

quenterry0
06-13-2006, 06:34 PM
Thanks Janet!!! I bought a big ball today to put under the cover and hope that'll help keep from a puddle forming on the cover.

This shouldn't make anything "grow" under there??? I'll take it off everyday just to make sure the water is staying clear and test everyday. I'd like to put the cover on everytime it rains because it turns it cloudy so fast.

Thanks again!

duraleigh
06-13-2006, 06:48 PM
Hi, Quenn,

Reread Janet's post suggesting you shock.

Something other than rainwater is making your pool cloudy.

Shocking just may head off what you're trying to avoid.:)

quenterry0
06-13-2006, 07:01 PM
Thanks! I started bringing it upto schock levels tonight. :)