PDA

View Full Version : Was light green now maybe a cloudy blue?

kparnell26
05-27-2015, 01:08 PM
Hello,
Glad to find you guys.

Im new here and have owned this pool for 3 years. I have just been relying on Leslies and doing what they tell me... until now.
I have a concrete(pebble Tec) pool about 12,000 gallons with a sand filter. I live in a hot dry desert climate. I sold the house and move in 3 weeks. The kids want to swim and I want to leave a healthy pool for the new owner. But do not want to replace sand or drain, but still leave him with healthy water.

My pool was running fine. I had the timer only running 4 hours a night in the winter. I bumped it to 6 but apparently I didn't bump it up fast enough to keep up with the temperature rise and it got cloudy then slightly green. I bumped it up to 9 hours and over the next 2 weeks it did not improve. I went to Leslies and they said my levels on 5/25 were as follows:
Free Chlorine 4, total Chlorine 4, Hardness 300, CYA 90, TA 120, PH 7.6, copper and iron 0, TDS 2000 and PHo 200.

They said all was good but that if it was green to put shock and clarifier in it. On 5/25 in the PM I put a lot of Bio-Dex Skill-it Algaecide and then Ultra Bright Enhancer(clarifier). 24 hours with little change. I did that again on 5/26. it seems MAYBE less light green and more cloudy blue but hard to tell. I have been running the filter 24/7 for about 3 days. and I have vacuumed several times.

I discovered you last night and have been trying to educate myself on proper non pool store methods (I have the time, Im on vaca this week). I put in 4 cups of Clorine (grain) last night after reading this forum to try to raise the Cl to about 20. Today their is little change. I tested my Taylor 1001 kit about 10 AM and it said CL 3 to 5, Br about 6, and pH 7.5 ish.

Thanks for the help guy and I will be doing this again in 3 weeks for my new pool at the new house and hope to cut loose Leslies and use Borax and Bleach like so many of you seem to do.

Kevin