PDA

View Full Version : Just got Taylor K2006 results

PoolJedi
05-13-2015, 10:19 PM
Okay, I've had only one open season (in north Georgia) with this pool and I used the local pool store exclusively for maintaining it. I also have a 1 year old baby. Last year we spent roughly $1200 in chems for the pool. By the end of the year I was using triclor tabs in a floater because I couldn't afford buying 10-20 lbs of "shock" and whatever else they needed to get rid of each week. Needless to say, I couldn't have been happier to find this forum and the resources at PoolSolutions!

Just tested my pool using the Taylor kit and got the following results (followed the videos so I feel pretty confident)
FC - 0 (water did not turn pink [or flash] after adding 3 scoops of DPD powder to 10ml sample)
CYA - 30 (or less)
pH < 7 (yikes! Hoping to add some 20 Mule Team Borax tomorrow, just a little at a time)

Added 2 trichlor pucks to the skimmer and going to let it run for a while. Any info on best way to add 20 Mule Team Borax will be greatly appreciated (Sock method??)

About my pool:
Free-form vinyl IG pool - 1/3 shallow at 3 ft, deep appx. 8-10 ft (need to check total volume with installer, bought house with pool)
Filter: Hayward S210T Sand on 1.0 HP pump
Cleaner: Polaris 360 on 3/4 HP pump

Broken/non-functioning: pool light; SWCG (Hayward Turbo T-Cell-15/Mineral Springs by BioGuard MS-10) [Broken status indicated by pool company, not sure how to verify]