PDA

View Full Version : Tripped circuit breaker while trying to backwash my filter?

cta2015
05-03-2015, 12:21 AM
Hello, I am a new pool owner. While in the process of an algae clean up today, I tried to backwash my sand filter. While doing so, the hose at which water was coming through was twisted and stuck, causing the water to not be able to flow out. I immediately turned off the pump after this and cleared up the hose of any twists.

Attempting to turn the pump back on (there is a switch on the wall of the storage room where the pump/filter is located), the switch would not stay on and would go back down into the off position every time I would flip it up. Next to this switch, there is a "reset" and "test" button. The test button was sticking out, while the reset was flat, however I couldn't get the test button to push in at all.

The pool pump has been on (filter mode) for the past two weeks and has been working fine and turning on and off fine. It was only after trying to backwash my filter that this happened. I was wondering if you guys have any advice or idea what might be wrong, was it bad that maybe attempting to backwash my filter, the water was stuck and could not flow through?

Thanks for all of your help!