PDA

View Full Version : Lost my post

Puzzler
05-02-2015, 12:46 PM
Sheesh. I just typed out a whole long post, but in clicking back & forth between my browser tabs, I accidently closed the one containing my post. Now it's gone. Probably spent 30 minutes on that thing. :(

I guess the long & short of my question is... I have algae and want to do the hyperchlorination thing discussed on the Best Guess guide. I have a kit that tests for chlorine/bromine, pH, TA, and acid demand. I think I need to purchase both the Taylor K-1515 for CYA and K-1721 DPD-FAS for chlorine. Is that right? And is there anything else I should get at this time?

I apparently cannot yet make changes to my profile or signature, so here is some info about my pool, if needed:
Concrete, in-ground pool. 25,000 gallons
What kind of filter? It has 4 cylindrical filters housed within a submarine-looking thing
What kind of pump? marathon electric 5KCR49UN2090X, CAT 1102
Do you have a chlorinator or a Salt-Water Chlorinator? - don't know. Is that the little bobble thing that I put chlorine tablets into & it floats about the pool? Then yes.
How about a Nature2 erosion system? don't know what this is
How do you chlorinate, or do you use bromine or baquacil? chlorine tablets, no bromine or baquacil
How do you test your water? A testing kit that I fill with water & add drops to