PDA

View Full Version : Hayward Ecostar Calibration???

Sabofitts
12-21-2014, 10:43 PM
I just bought a Hayward Ecostar VS pump. I had it installed professionally today and I am a little confused about why he calibrated it a certain way since I was under the impression that I would be running it at a lower setting than my old pump and for a longer time so that it cycles through my pool water once a day...my previous pump whether it was set up right or not(just bought the home) was set to run for 12 hours a day. The pool guy who installed the new VS pump set it up to run only 8 hours a day with 4 hours on a high setting(automatic vacuum cleaner) for 4 hours and a low setting(filter circulation)...

Before he came I thought it would be set at the lowest possible setting for the least required GPM for my pool size and criteria and run it for a length of time that would circulate it once....long story short I thought it would be something like 13-18 hours on the lowest setting.... maybe even more. And since I thought that I would not need to vacuum everyday.....when I wanted to run the automatic vacuum cleaner I would just press a manual button that I programed to be on a higher setting and a certain length of time.... which would be set to just enough for this process to be completed properly...I may be wrong but I think 8 hours with only 4 of them at a low setting isn't going to safe me much from my previous single pool pump. Can someone help...

My pool is basically rectangular but with two half circles in the middle of each end...it is 16 feet wide and 40 feet long. it is 3 feet in the low end and 10 feet at the deep end....I think it is somewhere around 27000 to 30000 gallons. I have a Hayward DE filter ...I believe my pipes are 2 inch maybe 2 1/2 but definitely not less than 2

Any help would be greatly appreciated....my first pool. Thanks