PDA

View Full Version : Bottom brace cross bars showing under liner

barejewels
09-22-2014, 10:07 PM
In 2013 we had a 15x30 AG pool installed. We purchased Liner Armor bottom pool pad, cove stripping, and of course used sand. When we opened pool this Spring 2014 we noticed we could see all the bottom brace cross bars under liner. We contacted installer as well as sent pics and we received a text message that water must have gotten under the pool and washed some sand out. I asked what needed to be done to correct this and how to correct it. To date we have not heard back from our installer and we are getting ready to close pool for the winter. I am a little confused as to how water could have gotten under the pool and washed sand out when cove stripping was used then bottom pool pad which overlapped the cove stripping then sand was installed over the bottom pool pad. Regardless this is a brand new pool! Can this be fixed? Will be able to save our new pool liner? Suggestions on how to make this fix next Spring? There is a large deck all the way around this pool, when we bought this house there was a 15x30 pool installed already that couldn't be saved. Under the largest section of deck off the house the ground is sloped so we redirected the gutter down spout so that rain water was directed out along side yard, not directed directly towards the pool like it was, we laid landscape fabric all along slope then laid pea gravel on top of that. My husband also built a "retaining" wall between slope and swimming pool plus installed a perametter drain in front of retaining wall on pool side that extends across the length of pool and down each side (width) of the pool that leads to landscaping about 6 foot away from other side (length) of pool. So again not sure how water could have washed any sand out from under the pool. We have not noticed any holes, leaks, or lowered water levels so we are pretty confident the liner is not damaged........yet.
1. Pool is a 15X30x52 Cameo (pretty sure made by Sharkline)
2. Pentair CC125 Cartridge filter system 1 1/2 hp
3. Grand Entrance pool steps (issues with these with algae behind them and keeping them from wanting to float up off step pad). Had huge problem fighting chemical balance this year and for last two weeks been fighting green water. Removed steps few days ago and found back/inside of them covered in green and pink algae). Pool is finally clean and clear.
4. Hayward auto Chlorinator
5. Portfolio Unibead Liner
6. 2 Hayward bottom drains

BigDave
09-25-2014, 01:06 PM
First off, I'm no expert so take this as only my opinion. It sounds to me that your pool installer built the pool on uncompacted soil and is trying to put you off making a warranty claim. Do you have access to legal representation? You might consider it.

As for you water quality problems, read the guides over at poolsolutions.com and the stickied threads in the water treatment, chlorinating, and testing forums here. You'll have to log out to see the rest of the forum.

Good luck, let us know how it's going.

barejewels
09-25-2014, 09:25 PM
Thank you BigDave, I will check poolsolutions.com out. As far as the cross bars showing problem, I am not sure the soil could have been un-compacted since there was a pool in the same spot before this new one, however thinking about it, the old pool had very little to no water in it and home sat empty for several years before we bought the place, so maybe the ground was no longer compacted since pool was pretty much empty for long period of time. Well thank you for that tip also, I'll have to research that.