PDA

View Full Version : Closing above ground salt water pool

Bamafan35611
09-13-2014, 05:51 PM
This is my first year of having a salt water pool we converted it from a chlorine pool this year. I usually always use a pool cover for my 24ft above ground pool but in my opinion it is a waste of money and time. Ever year I had to pump off the water from the cover and it pumps most of the water out of my pool so this year I do not want to put a cover on. I am needed some advice on closing a salt water pool without a pool cover. I have found a salt water closing kit on Amazon for 60 bucks. I am thinking about using that and draining my pool below the skimmer and let that be it. Should that be good enough for a winter shut down? Thanks for any help

Watermom
09-15-2014, 12:24 PM
There is a stickied thread at the top in the Pool Startup and Shutdown section of the forum that has closing instructions. Read that and if you still have questions, let us know.

Welcome to the Pool Forum!

(Until your registration is completed, you will have to be logged out to see the rest of the forum.)

CarlD
09-15-2014, 02:09 PM
Hi Bama! You should know: A salt-water pool IS a chlorine pool! It's technically a Salt Water Chlorine Generator that you are using. From your HS chem remember that salt is Sodium Chloride. The SWCG splits off the chlorine to sanitize your pool. It then re-forms with the sodium in a catalytic reaction. So you can ALWAYS add chlorine to your pool, and, rather than boosting your cell, you should add chlorine instead.