PDA

View Full Version : Just installed Aqua Rite SWG...I have a question?

Kevinkaye
08-31-2014, 03:58 PM
As the title says, i just had an Aqua Rite SWG with a T-15 cell installed yesterday. Everything appears to be working and the lights on the front of the Actual unit says Power On and Generating. The LCD is also displaying 3300, which i know is the average salt in PPM...With all that said, when i press the diagnostic button to see the actual salt level and to see how many amps the cell is drawing, the LCD says 0. BUT, when i move the power switch from "Auto" to "Off" and then back to "Auto" i hear a click and the LCD panel begins displaying the correct numbers. I let it run for about an hour and then i can't see the instant salt and the Amps any longer. I follow the same steps that i mentioned with the Auto, off, Auto and the unit starts to display the correct numbers again. It is also important to mention that just before the LCD displays the salt level and Amps, I hear a click like the cell is being turned on. I also noticed that if i am not getting any instant salt or Amps readings that i can turn the knob to 100 and the unit clicks and i then begin to get the desired readings...So with all the said, does the unit turn itself on and off automatically thorough out the day? Or is there something wrong with the unit?

CarlD
08-31-2014, 04:01 PM
Have you called your dealer or the Aqua Rite tech support?

Kevinkaye
08-31-2014, 05:28 PM
Both dealer and tech support are closed for the holiday. That is why I am doing my own research. Based on what I have found online, what I am experiencing is normal. I also think the forum members in the SWG forum might be able to help, but I can't post in that area.

Watermom
08-31-2014, 06:33 PM
Once your registration is completed, PoolDoc will move your thread into that area for other SWCG owners to see it. But, I have to tell you that forum traffic is really dropping off since it is late in the season so not sure how many people will actually see it.

At any rate, welcome to the Pool Forum!

kelemvor
08-31-2014, 11:54 PM
If the output knob is not at 100% the unit does indeed cycle the cell on and off. The output isn't really adjustable like an incandescent light bulb on a dimmer. The adjustment is a function of on time vs off time for the cell. The click you hear is a relay that is electronically controlled. When it's in the "off" cycle, there is no current flowing through the cell's plates and so current (amps) = 0.