PDA

View Full Version : Deep End AG pool

CoffeeBean
06-11-2006, 09:17 AM
We have a Cruiser and it, like others I've read about here, seems to have favorite spots it migrates to and stays. It doesn't do a very good job navigating the slopes into the deep end depression. (We have a Doughboy 16X32 with a 6.5" deep end. Somewhat misleading as there's an 18" "rim" that projects from the pool wall inward.)

Does anyone have the same sort of pool that they've used an automatic that does a decent job?

I've also had problems with the hose disconnecting from the skimmer inlet as the Cruiser cruises and then I lose the suction.

CoffeeBean

poolbee
06-11-2006, 01:53 PM
Although I have an inground pool, it has a safety ledge all around it. I have a Dolphin Diagnostic cleaner and it had no problem getting over it. Dolphin makes the Robo-Kleen for above gound pools. That may be worth looking into.

CoffeeBean
06-11-2006, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the info. I have to get another cleaner anyway. I discovered my Cruiser has a crack in it. Don't know how that happened. I'll look into the Dolphin or the Robo Clean.

The other thing I noticed about the Cruiser was that it had erratic cleaning patterns and I'm certain that it never really covered the entire pool floor.

CoffeeBean