PDA

View Full Version : New Liner inground pool. Both Skimmers installed wrong

Jersey
08-16-2014, 11:39 AM
Hi. I have a new liner pool which is almost complete. After the concrete was poured And was able to be walked on I looked in the skimmer to inspect the job. The skimmer inside was missing the extension collar. There is a space of earth between the top of
The skimmer and the bottom of the extension collar. With both pieces together it was not long enough to reach the top of the grade. I pointed it out to the mason. He said this is normal. I know it isn't. It probably needed another collar to build up the height if the skimmer. The mason is comin coming this week to try to rebuild the skimmer with insert parts .0I think the concrete needs to broken in order to fix. There is usually mud In the skimmer because the water sometimes rises above the earth level inside the skimmer. Please give me your advice. I have never owned a pool. Pool
company is saying oh. Let them try to fix it. I have pics that I can post. Thanks.

CarlD
08-16-2014, 03:14 PM
Yowtch! Sounds like a mason messed up and is now trying to cover up his mess-up. If you know his boss or who recommended him, you may want to speak to THAT person. When a mason messed up installing glass brick and tried to tell the horrible job was normal, I called the contractor who recommended him (and also had sold us his house). He came over and straightened that mason out, who then straightened out the glass block! That seems to be the way to deal with the more reluctant sub-contractors here in NJ.

Though one bozo challenged my wife's questioning in front of about 8 or 10 men, rather condescendingly, asking how SHE knew what was right. Her response was classic: "Because I have eyes and I'm the one writing the check, that's how I know!" The other men would have applauded if they could--several told me they enjoyed see the bozo get his comeuppance. I couldn't stop grinning, as much as I tried!