PDA

View Full Version : resurfacing gunite pool. Replaster or paint?

jdamiens
04-01-2006, 01:33 PM
My 12 year old gunite pool is in need of cosmetic care. I've thought of resurfacing but was quoted $5,000 and told this lasts about 5 years. I found a too good to be true epoxy paint on the Internet called Ultraguard, claiming it to be an industrial coating rather than a paint, that will last 20 years and will fix any small cracks. Does anyone have experience with Ultraguard or another type paint or suggest what is the best way to give an old pool a new face? Thanks, JJ

GutierrezPlastering
04-01-2006, 06:51 PM
My 12 year old gunite pool is in need of cosmetic care. I've thought of resurfacing but was quoted $5,000 and told this lasts about 5 years. I found a too good to be true epoxy paint on the Internet called Ultraguard, claiming it to be an industrial coating rather than a paint, that will last 20 years and will fix any small cracks. Does anyone have experience with Ultraguard or another type paint or suggest what is the best way to give an old pool a new face? Thanks, JJ

$5,000 for 5 yrs??? no way!!! no how!!! sounds like whoever quoted you, doesnt know that much about plaster. I've been in the industry for 30 yrs and i have seen plaster go as long as 20+ years, considering that the pool was properly balanced and taken care of. Hope that this helps.

duraleigh
04-01-2006, 07:25 PM
Mr. Guiterrez (I hope that's your name),

Welcome to the forum. We need someone with your expertise on finishing...you will be much in demand if you're willing to share your time and knowledge. The forum rules call for any professional to identify themselves (I'm paraphrasing) but your username virtually accomplishes that.

Hope you visit often.:) :)

Dave S.

GutierrezPlastering
04-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Mr. Guiterrez (I hope that's your name),

Welcome to the forum. We need someone with your expertise on finishing...you will be much in demand if you're willing to share your time and knowledge. The forum rules call for any professional to identify themselves (I'm paraphrasing) but your username virtually accomplishes that.

Hope you visit often.:) :)

Dave S.

Glad to be of any assistance to the forum, I will put 101% effort into being of help to anyone.

Lyonsden77
08-13-2006, 03:29 PM
I have a spa, 28 linear feet, live in southern California, got a price of $75 per linear foot for removal and replaster with basic white plus the tile work is extra, is that high?

GutierrezPlastering
08-14-2006, 04:33 PM
that doest seem a bit steap for a spa, but then again i don't know how many bench's you may have and how many returns/blowers.