PDA

View Full Version : Thank goodness I'm greener than my pool!

Woodduckwhacker
07-30-2014, 02:21 AM
I am a brand new pool owner! We bought a house that had a pool which had sat winterized since 2006! We installed a new liner. I had pump refurbished. Bought new vacuum hoses and manual vacuum. Will have to wait till next year to buy a dolphin vacuum. Installed a new automatic chlorinator. My pool is 20x 40 before steps and half moons equals out to Ruffley a 20x50or60. This pool has been in great shape with same liner since 1982 until 2006 when they stopped using it. After all the refurbs all seems to be going well. I only have 3 jets and 2 skimmers in the pool but it has been working well with this setup for 20 some odd years. I installed smaller eyeballs to move water better, changed sand in filter. Think I over filled it so removed some. I dropped 2 3" chlorine tabs in each skimmer and turned my chlorinator to about 2.5 for a day. Backed chlorinator off to about 1.5. Water is super clear! No fog. Gonna get water tested tomorrow. And buy a new test strip kit. I missplaced the one I had before they installed the liner. They have been out for 3 days at the pool supply. Will buy a new diving board before next season seeing how I have dropped a lot of money in this thing this year and I have the slide working. The girls like the slide better than the diving board anyway. Any advice, tips or anything else would be greatly appreciated! Does it sound like I am on the right track?

Watermom
07-30-2014, 12:32 PM
Don't buy test strips. They are not reliable nor accurate. The kit we recommend is the Taylor K2006 or 2006C (better buy). You won't be able to buy it locally but can get it through this link:> http://pool9.net/tk/

In the meantime, you can look at your Walmart and see if they have an HTH 6-Way drops-based kit. If not, pick up a cheap OTO/Phenol Red kit (yellow and red drops). Either of these will work until your K2006 kit arrives.

Welcome to the Pool Forum!

(Until your registration is completed, you won't be able to follow links or see the rest of the forum while you are logged in. So, copy that link and paste it into a browser window after you log out.)