PDA

View Full Version : Chlorine Feeder Question

Dougget
07-23-2014, 12:05 PM
Hi,
My 24' above ground pool was installed with an Aqua-Smart chlorine feeder. It has two cartridges that get installed. One is full of enzymes and needs to be replaced at the beginning of each season. The other is full of chlorine tablets and needs to be replace every couple of weeks (when chlorine is gone).

Let's just say that I didn't like the way it worked. Even at the maximum setting, the free chlorine in the pool was never high enough and it required frequent shocking to keep the chemistry right.

This year, I have not been using the Aqua-Smart, but have instead been putting 3" pucks in my skimmer basket.

Having done some quick research, I realize that the skimmer basket is not the best place for the pucks. Last night I decided to put the pucks into the Aqua-Smart. Just set them in there loose... let's see what happens.

Has anyone else done this? I think it should work something like the "Aqua-Tab" system (link below).
http://puraquaproducts.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/how-the-system-works.jpg

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Doug