PDA

View Full Version : Pressure gauge

penelopepitstop
07-11-2014, 09:02 AM
My sand filter pressure gauge was leaking so until we can get a new one, my husband removed the old one and plugged the hole. Is there going to be a problem with this?

BigDave
07-11-2014, 09:45 AM
Shouldn't be a problem if the guage is replaced promptly, these guages are cheap and readily available. A pool store near me has a box of 'em with teflon tape already applied next to the cash register like candy.

He did use an appropriate fitting to plug the port - right?

BTW, did you marry Peter Perfect? If you did, I'd check that plug twice - As I recall the Turbo Terrific wasn't very reliable.

penelopepitstop
07-11-2014, 10:30 AM
He did. I am concerned because I keep noticing the return flow is low and if I backwash it then it returns. I have had algae so I know that could be clogging it up but I wasn't sure if not having a gauge at all could cause that too.

BigDave
07-11-2014, 10:44 AM
You're doing it right. If you've no guage to indicate when it's time to backwash, the feel of the return flow is an available indicator. The missing guage is not causing the problem but does make filter operation more difficult. Cleaning up an algae episode is even more reason to replace the guage promptly - why make it harder.

penelopepitstop
07-11-2014, 03:55 PM
Thank you so much. I will get a new gauge this weekend.