PDA

View Full Version : Why is flat bottom pool better?

lamovr
07-08-2014, 12:29 PM
I have an expanded 16x28 Doughboy completely surrounded by a plywood sheathed deck. It was fine for years until a $@&%!!! deer snuck in the yard, hopped up the steps, over the gate, and tried to Jesus walk across the cover. It ended badly for the sharp-hooved doe, the cover, and mo$t importantly my liner. Many holes, some right above the cove foam.

Leak fixing did not go well, and combined with time constraints and procrastination resulted in dreaded linerus shrinku$ terminus. I found an expandable patterned replacement overlap liner of equal (same factory) quality for 40% less than the $1000 my dealer quoted. First install was very wrinkled, due to alignment and clamping issues.

After reading about how much more difficult a good expanded installation is, the family has decided to convert the pool to a flat bottom style. I've arranged for delivery of 10 yards of sand and a backhoe.

I'd appreciate some feedback on the flattening decision, and suggestions on how to clamp the liner during the fill. I used wood wedges and they slipped.