PDA

View Full Version : Telling baq dealer you want to convert - surprised?

falken
06-09-2006, 11:29 AM
A general question to anyone that told the evil ones that started you on baquacil that you were switching to chlorine, were they at all surprised?

I know when I told my dealer everyone in the store seemed to have an attitude of "good idea, maybe now you can have a nice pool." While they didn't come out and say that, they never asked why I was switching or seemed the least bit surprised that I was switching from the product they hail as being the best thing in the world.

These dealers have to know all the problems people have while on baq, just wondering if anyone found a dealer who actually seemed surprised you would want to convert? :)

poolgal13
06-14-2006, 09:17 AM
I switched to Baquacil and have a small pool, and the closest the pool dealer came to being truthful was that he said, "This really doesn't work well in larger pools". I switched back to chlorine 4 days later in my pop-up pool because it was so difficult to maintain my water.

Luckily, and for some reason, my brother uses Baquacil so I'm giving all my $$$ supplies to him.

VOLDADDY
06-14-2006, 10:02 AM
Actually my pool guy said I should come off of Baquacil as he knew how frustrated I was getting and how much $$$ I was spending. He suggested I go to chlorine, just not the generic unscented Wal-Mart kind. ;)

KesLongwood
06-16-2006, 07:38 PM
I switched to Baquacil and have a small pool, and the closest the pool dealer came to being truthful was that he said, "This really doesn't work well in larger pools". I switched back to chlorine 4 days later in my pop-up pool because it was so difficult to maintain my water.

Luckily, and for some reason, my brother uses Baquacil so I'm giving all my $$$ supplies to him.

If you could be so kind, please define "small pool". Less the 5K gals, 10K gals, 20K gals?

Watermom
06-16-2006, 08:38 PM
He suggested I go to chlorine, just not the generic unscented Wal-Mart kind. ;)

Actually, the generic, unscented Wal-Mart kind is perfect to use. It is cheaper than clorox. It is what I use in my pool and so do lots of other people, too.

Maxout
06-16-2006, 10:34 PM
I think he was invoking a bit of sarcasm ;) :D

VOLDADDY
06-17-2006, 10:12 AM
Sarcasm intended. He wanted me to buy HIS chemicals, his chlorine tablets, his ph increase/decrease, etc...He DIDN'T want me going to Wal-mart and buying their generic bleach, borax, and baking soda, which I do, thereby saving me $$$ and costing him $$$.

Sorry Watermom for the confusion!