PDA

View Full Version : Dolphin and drain cover ..

otitis
06-08-2006, 08:43 PM
I am having a problem with my dolphin getting caught on my main drains.
I know they have a mat you can buy, but I need two at 70-80 each, plus
I don't like the look of them.

I have a newer pool, 2 years old, and I'd like to replace the anti vortex
covers with something dolphin friendly. Has anyone ever done this?

cleancloths
06-09-2006, 10:03 AM
Is it "physically" getting stuck due to the shape or is it getting stuck due to the main pump sucking it down? If the latter, why not run the Dolphin when the main pump is off then you won't have that problem.

Davenj
06-09-2006, 12:47 PM
Mine is run with pump off, and it gets stuck once in a great while. It rides on top and doesn't allow the drives tracks or brushes top the bottom. I checked on the Hayward mat cover things, didn't like them for the price either.

cleancloths
06-09-2006, 02:52 PM
That sucks to hear as I just ordered a Dolphin Dynamic - hope I don't have that problem.

Davenj
06-09-2006, 10:47 PM
I got my Dolphin last year. Got hung up 2 or 3 times. I wouldn't worry about it. As well as it works and ease of use its no big deal.

sharknj
06-11-2006, 09:15 PM
My Dolphin was always getting stuck on the drains, to the point where I had to constantly check on it. Many times I would take the brush and push it off one drain, and it would go directly to the other drain and get stuck again!!! It didn't matter whether the pump was running on not, it would get stuck at least 5 or 6 times per cleaning. I finally broke down and bought 2 Polaris drain covers. It hasn't gotten stuck since. A costly solution, but now I can throw it in at night and wake up to a completely cleaned pool!