PDA

View Full Version : Methold of pouring bleach

rdbrya1
06-26-2014, 02:36 PM
I looked everywhere for this answer because I know it has to be here somewhere...but couldn't find it

When you pour bleach directly into the pool....do you walk around the pool slowly pouring around the whole diameter of the pool.....or only pour the whole jug slowly in one spot and always in front of a return jet?

Simple detail, but important question for me :)

Pappy
06-26-2014, 03:32 PM
I pour directly into the skimmer. If you don't have a skimmer, pouring slowly into the return jet flow, or little all around the pool both will be fine. Our Intex liner DID bleach out some in one spot when my son poured 2 gallons of bleach all in one spot, as fast as it would pour. I'd recommend doing something to ensure that the bleach is dispersed somewhat rather than pouring in a concentrated area.

Pappy

rdbrya1
06-26-2014, 03:42 PM
Oh great! I do have a skimmer but could have sworn at some point in the past I read not to pour bleach directly into the skimmer, only the baking soda, etc in there. Could totally be wrong though. Thanks for the reply!!

Watermom
06-26-2014, 03:52 PM
Pappy is correct. It is perfectly fine to pour bleach directly into the skimmer. Pour it slowly and only when the pump is running.

rdbrya1
06-26-2014, 04:08 PM
Awesome!! Thanks! That will at least make it easier to pour and less likely splashing on my clothes like before having to hold the heavy bottle so far out from the liner...

BigDave
06-27-2014, 03:07 PM
Always wear old clothes when dosing bleach. The bleach seems to know when I haven't changed into my pool care clothes.

mitchryan912
07-03-2014, 05:01 PM
I've been dumping off the diving board into the deep end of our pool. Is this OK? We have an outlet in the shallow end, with a 90 degree angle pipe directing the flow towards the deep end (down slightly to get the water at the bottom moving), a skimmer in the middle of the pool, and an inlet sucking straight in in the deep end. Is the chlorine just being sucked into the inlet and into our filter?

CarlD
07-03-2014, 05:28 PM
If you have an in-line chlorinator do NOT pour bleach into the skimmer!

My preferred way is to pour the bleach directly into the return stream.