PDA

View Full Version : green gone now blue still cloudy

chriss14
06-08-2006, 04:25 PM
I have done everything. I stuck pool is now blue but still cloudy. Please help I have 10,000 above ground pool sand filter. I believe I have kill all the aglae I might be dealing with dead algae

duraleigh
06-08-2006, 04:49 PM
Hi, Chris,

Could you posts your test results, please?

chriss14
06-08-2006, 04:53 PM
C 3 Phh 7.6 A 100

chriss14
06-08-2006, 05:11 PM
Hi, Chris,

Could you posts your test results, please? How do I get clorine up to 15 an what is CYA

KWBourn
06-08-2006, 10:46 PM
You need to surf thru this forum and read some of the other peoples problems that they posted. You will find all the answers to your questions about how to take care of a pool or you can weight for some one that has the time and knowledge to write you back. The info is out there, Like Understanding all the pool talk. I have been around awhile but their others that really know their stuff and will help you learn but that will take alot of time when the info is out there already.

Back to your problem. You need to add bleach and keep the ppm up to 12 to 18.(I would not add it untill you can test for it correctly and till you know how much to add so you dont over dose it), that also depends on your cya level. cya helps your clorine last in your pool because the sun will use it up quickly befor it can do what you want it to do in you pool. if your cya level is not up you will need more clorine in the long run because the sun will use it up. the cya level you want is some where between 30- 60. You want to keep the clorine up till it is crystal clear. I would also brush the pool alot. It will be clear soon.

You could use a good test kit like the one that Ben sells at poolsolutions.com I bought one and have looked at store and this one is top of the line and lots of times i need to go to the pool store for parts and I take a water sample in to see how acurate they are and wow. They are all over the map with their numbers, lots of them are not even close. That is why if your a pool owner you need a good test kit, and great friend like the people here.
You need a few things also. The numbers of gallons in your pool or the size and depth(some one will figure it out for you) and your test results
FC =free clorine
CC =combined clorine
TC =total clorine add the total of fc+cc= tc
ph =
Alk =Alkalinity
Cal =calcium
Cya = cyanuric acid

If you post that you will get a lot of help
Ps. There is a lot of great posts by lot of great people to many to list but pooldoc is Bens screen name and search or keep and eye out for his posts.