PDA

View Full Version : New here! Hello Everyone!

ssellars06
06-23-2014, 08:37 PM
Hi
I'm new to the forum! I have an above ground round 28 foot pool by 52 inches deep.
I had a pool almost exactly like this growing up. My husband and I bought this pool about 4 years ago for our family. And I must say by far it has been a great investment for us....especially in the summer, our kids swim as much as possible!
This is the first year I have been having trouble getting my pool to look crystal clear. My pH has been low and I've tried several things to get it up, but can't get it to stay up. Hopefully I can find some good pointers & information here on the forum to help me with this.
I look forward to helping others & others helping me!
Thanks in advance to all those who are knowledgeable in pools!
SSellars06

Watermom
06-23-2014, 10:23 PM
Do you have a drops-based test kit? If not, you need one. The test kit that we think is by far the best is the Taylor K2006 or 2006C (better buy). Not available locally but you can get it through this link that takes you to Amazon: http://pool9.net/tk/

In the meantime, (if you don't already have a drops-based kit of some kind), go to Walmart and see if they have the HTH 6-Way drops-based kit (no test strips!) and get that. If they don't, get an OTO/Phenol Red kit (yellow and red drops) instead. Use it to test and then post your numbers. Also while you are at WallyWorld, get several jugs of their generic 8.25% bleach and a couple of boxes of 20 Mule Team Borax (laundry aisle).

--What size is your pump (hp) and what kind and size is your filter?
--Exactly what all have you added to the water? (ingredients, please, and not just product names like 'shock.'

Repost with requested info and then someone here can try and help you.

Welcome to the Pool Forum!

(Until you registration is completed, you won't be able to see the rest of the forum while you are logged in. So, copy that link and then paste it into a browser window after you log out.)

ssellars06
06-23-2014, 11:34 PM
I have an older test kit, but I'm going to order a new one just to make sure I'm getting an accurate reading. I also have some strips, but I don't use them often. I'm not real sure about the pump but will find out tomorrow & post.
Thanks for your help! I will go to Amazon & order the drops kit now!

Watermom
06-24-2014, 04:07 PM
Good deal! You'll be glad you ordered the kit!

PoolDoc
06-25-2014, 09:29 AM
fill out the pool equipment form => http://pool9.net/pf-equip-form

Often, AG pools have mis-matched pumps and filters that can make it very hard to clear the water. The best option is usually to install a larger filter, but there are usually work-arounds that will help.

. . . membership upgraded.