PDA

View Full Version : Help with exact dimensions

causeofhim
06-22-2014, 11:25 PM
Hello,

I was given an 16'x32' above ground pool. There were a few problems with it, but i have figured out a fix for those. The only problem I have now is I need the exact inner dimensions for this so i can set it up correctly to fit our new liner without wrinkles or stretching.

Are the inner dimensions exactly 16'x32' or are there be minimal differences?

Thanks

hrsdennis
06-23-2014, 01:05 PM
A 16' x 32' is normally a Doughboy brand size, not always but most of the time. This makes a big difference. If so, hopefully you have a Doughboy liner to go in it. Either way, you do not shape the pool to fit the liner, you shape the pool so that the end rails fit correctly so that all the top rails fit correctly. Oval pools with straps connecting the braces make it pretty hard to get wrong, so I assume you have no straps. On a Doughboy brand pool the distance from the front of the side brace, across the pool, to the front of the opposite brace is 15' 7 1/2".

It is a big help to know exactly what you are working with.

Later, Dennis

causeofhim
06-23-2014, 04:46 PM
How would I know if I have a dough boy pool? It doesn't say anything on the pool. You are correct, the steel straps that were on the bottom are rusted and now gone.

hrsdennis
06-23-2014, 10:30 PM
Photos would help a lot. If your pool has straps it more than likely is not a Doughboy, possible but unlikely. Is there not one strap in good enough shape to measure off of? Replacing the straps is not a problem but you do need to know the width between side supports.

How many side supports on each side? Are the side bottom rails straight or curved? Answers to these questions would be helpful.

Here to help when I get more info, Dennis