PDA

View Full Version : Fence or cover for intex pool

bellini
06-16-2014, 11:34 PM
Last year we set up a 15'x36" intex pool and were very happy with it. But I always had a lingering fear about safety and am hesitant to put it up this year without some additional protection. We don't have a fenced yard and we live in a neighborhood with lots of kids. We are in an unincorporated area, so there are no requirements for a fence or such. I am not worried about our own kids as I consider supervision the only real safety measure anyway and we remove the ladder when it is not in use. But there are little children in the area (often running through our yard) and an older child with developmental disabilities and I worry about over night or when we are not home what could happen.

I have been looking but the only options I am seeing are more than double the price of the pool and for more permanent pools. Anyone know of a safety cover or fencing that could just add a little height to a metal frame intex pool??

Watermom
06-17-2014, 11:14 AM
I don't have any suggestions for you but hopefully someone else will. You are being SO smart to be concerned about this.

mommak
06-18-2014, 12:21 PM
As a parent with children, I make sure that when we aren't in our pool, I always remove the ladder and place it a good distance from the pool. We have many children right next to us and I feel most comfortable knowing that we are safe having our yard fenced in.
Perhaps if it's not in the budget to fence your entire yard, look into the cost of fencing the perimeter of your pool. Seems your safest bet.

mommak
06-18-2014, 12:27 PM
An idea, May not look the best. You could buy 6-7 foot post, place them around your pool, then use some type of fencing (only thing that I can think of now is either chicken wire, metal or the plastic kind) then attach it to the posts. If it's tall enough, no one could get in. Have one part of this large enough so that you can open it in order to place the ladder.

eblade21
07-29-2014, 04:56 PM
I have a Summer Escapes 14' x 42" pro-series pool, I was really concerned in regards to safety with my 2 children. I installed a Vinyl works fence around my pool, it is a costly investment but safety is worth every penny.

http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r629/eblade21/Fence2_zps985172d1.jpg

Where the arrow i am designing a lock fence gate, as for the other side i have to finish this weekend. My opinion of the fence is very professional look, very sturdy. after looking up and down side to side this was the only option i could come up with.

eblade21
04-17-2015, 01:52 PM
Here is the final product:http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r629/eblade21/PoolFenceGate_zpsc85c1f50.jpg (http://s1175.photobucket.com/user/eblade21/media/PoolFenceGate_zpsc85c1f50.jpg.html)

kelemvor
04-24-2015, 08:31 AM
That came out looking very nice!

eblade21
04-24-2015, 11:04 AM
Thank you so much Kelemvor

FormerBromineUser
05-06-2015, 08:37 AM
Great solution! Looks very nice too!