PDA

View Full Version : Cloudy Water Problem / Flocc didn't help / Please Help!

deathcharge
06-14-2014, 01:46 PM
Hello all. I hope you all can get me on track.

I have a 24 foot pool with an algae problem that I took care of with two 1 gallon jugs of Kem-Tek Algaecide and Clarifier. All the green appears to be gone but water is very cloudy. I can just see the bottom but barely. So I been using lots of shock and even a gallon jug of liquid chlorine and then another bottle of clarifer by itself! I assumed there were lots of suspended dead algea in the water? My liquid test kit only tests for chlorine and ph. The chlorine side was really really yellow (high chlorine) and the ph side had no red at all meaning my ph is real low.

So I take some water down to my pool store and he confirms I have low ph and No Alkaline. I asked him about a flocc and he said yeah I could flocc it. So I spread out the whole bottle of flocc evenly all over the pool surface using a spray bottle and ran my sand filter on recirculate for about 2 hours to mix it up then turned the pump off and let sit for 24 hours. The flocc did absolutely nothing; the water is cloudy as ever.

Now the PH Plus and Alkaline I bought, the pool store advised me to hold off adding those till After I flocced. He said the flocc would take everything out so add the ph and alkaline after I flocc and vacuum to waste.

What's going on here? The fact that the Ph and alkaline are so low, would it be preventing the flocc from working?

Any Help I would really appreciate! Thanks ahead of time!

PoolDoc
06-14-2014, 05:40 PM
Low pH may not hurt the floc, but it can definitely damage your liner.

+ Get a cheap OTO / phenol red drops kit, and test your pH. If it's below 7.0, add boxes of 20 Mule Team borax to the skimmer -- slowly, don't choke the skimmer! -- to raise the pH. Add a box at a time, 1 hour between boxes, till you're above 7.0.

+ If the floc succeeds, vacuum to waste if you can. AG pools often have over-sized pumps coupled with undersized sand filters, and can blow the algae right through the filter.

+ If you want to know more, complete the equipment info form -- include pump & filter make & model -- and I'll take a look. Include the number for this thread (24563).

http://pool9.net/pf-equip-form