PDA

View Full Version : Tree Sap on Plaster ahhhhhhhh

ARoth
06-10-2014, 09:20 PM
Hello I have tree sap in the bottom of my pool it's stick when you walk on it and your feet leave marks in the plaster surface. I have NO IDEA how to cure and neither does my local pool pro

PoolDoc
06-13-2014, 08:19 PM
Membership upgraded . . .

It's very, very likely that if you keep your chlorine high and your pool uncovered, the combination of sun and chlorine will deal with it in a week or so. There are other possibilities, but they have side effects, so sun and chlorine would be the preferable solution.

By the way, what KIND of tree say? Evergreen tree sap will be harder to remove.

ARoth
06-15-2014, 11:41 AM
I think its a pine tree thanks for your reply and I may try an organic killer

PoolDoc
06-15-2014, 11:52 AM
Be careful what you put in your pool. I'm not sure what you mean by "organic killer".

The problem with pine sap is that the stuff that would really remove it would be a solvent or an oil . . . and you definitely can't put those in your pool. You could call Natural Chemistry and see if one of their enzyme products would help; they advertise cleaning up motor oil, so one of their products might help with pine rosin. If you go to the link below, they have a live chat option. Do NOT buy their products willy-nilly; they have some that are worthless or worse.

http://naturalchemistry.com/en/pool-spa/products/