PDA

View Full Version : Hose connectors from solar panel to pool leaking

mommak
06-07-2014, 11:53 AM
Okay, where my husband hooked up the two hoses from the solar panel to the hoses that are connected to our pool are leaking.
Any help as to what we can do? We have the Intex Sand Filter Intex SF20110 Sand Filter Pump, the solar panels are Fafco Bear 4x20

Watermom
06-07-2014, 01:02 PM
We had the same issue. First thing to try is to use two clamps instead of one on the fitting to see if that will tighten it up enough to stop the leak.

If that doesn't work (and it didn't for us), here is another option.

Drain the panel so there is no water coming out of it. Take some silicone seal and smear it on the inside of the hose and also on the fitting and then tighten it up. Put a clamp on it to hold it while it is setting up and let it sit overnight before attempting to put water through it again the next day. That solved it for us.

mommak
06-07-2014, 01:07 PM
Thanks Watermom. So you mean 2 clamps where the hoses connect? We will try that first,if that doesn't work,then onto the silicone.

Watermom
06-07-2014, 01:09 PM
Thanks Watermom. So you mean 2 clamps where the hoses connect?
Yes.

hrsdennis
06-07-2014, 10:28 PM
Here are a few more things you can try. When doing a leaky hose repair in the field I first double up on clamps. If that dies not work I dip the hose in hot water for a minute, amazing how often this works. If it is still leaking I check the adapter and the inside of the hose for any burs that can be trimmed with a razor knife. If it is still leaking I start swapping parts. I first change out the adapter, some of them are just a little warped. I would then change the hose, some hoses will never seal, no matter what you do.

Later, Dennis