PDA

View Full Version : limits of the new test kit? ps234

xoroniox
03-31-2006, 04:13 PM
Hello,
i was wondering what are the limits of the new test kit, how high can it test free chlorine levels and cya ect. i looked at the FAQ page but couldnt find the answer. I did however see that it tests salt up to 200ppm

Thanks

waterbear
03-31-2006, 04:25 PM
It will test salt in 200ppm increments. cya is probably 20 to 100 or 30 to 100 ppm if Ben is using the Taylor testing tubes. the fas dpd can test very high levels of chlorine. I believe it is up to 50 ppm with accuracy to .5 ppm (could be wrong on this. pH is I believe 6.8 to 8.0 (once again based on Taylor info) and the titraton tests for alkalinity and calcium are in increments of 10 ppm and theoretically have no limit same as salt. (the limit is the size of the testing vial and the amount of titrant you have on hand! ;) )

cajunfla
03-31-2006, 05:05 PM
Waterbear,

who installed your FG pool? What manufacturer? Any problems so far with yours? We had a Blue Hawaiian brand installed last summer by the only local dealer. The model name is Sparkle Beach.

Jeff

waterbear
03-31-2006, 05:59 PM
San Juan Cocoa Beach model with Baker Mfg. Spillway acrylic spa. Our builder shall remaim nameless until everything is finished! :( We had a new deck poured and they did it the wrong color, the fiber optics are not finished, some of the plumbing needs to be redone becasue the valves for the water feature are not right. Some of the sensors and flow switches for the AquaLogic PS-8 were put in the wrong locations and had to be moved. some of the water features are still not operational because they were plumbed wrong and they need to break part of the deck to fix them. They buriend the pipes for the fiber optics in the deck and did not mark the location and had to break the deck in the back to find them...still needs to be repaired. The pool/spa has been operational since last thanksgiving. We signed the contracts a year ago last Feb. The pool was placed in the ground last may and became a green frog pond 3 times before they got the filtration running and in the process of cleaning it up they put trichor in the pump basket and ruined the cartridge in the filther from the very low pH. there is more but you get the picture. they just dumped earth to fill the undermined foundation last week and broke the water temp senor for the aqualogic in the process and half buried the equipment pad! The builder was suppoed to be out this week to work Wed. or Thurs and when I called yesterday (thurs.) the told me he would be here Friday (today) or Sat. He has not shown up today and I have been home all day since it is my day off from work! Oh yes, some tiles are falling off, and my water level is dropping about 2" a day now (that is recent):(

Other than that I love the San Juan pool and the SpillWay spa and would recommmend them without hesitation. The products my builder used are first quatlity (San Juan, Spillway, Auqalogic, Pentair pumps (2 of them) and Pentair cartridge filter,, Polairis deck jets and spa blower, Aquacal Icebreaker heat pump, Fiberstars fiberoptics water features) :D
The subcontractor who built the new screen enclosure did a phenomemal job!:D
Once it is completed and everything is right it will be my dream pool!;)

cajunfla
03-31-2006, 08:47 PM
Wow, and I thought we had problems with our installation. Hope all is settled for you soon.