PDA

View Full Version : Well water

mkennedy19
06-06-2006, 04:09 PM
I just had my Walmart above ground pool filled today. The company didn't bring enough water (that always seems to happen) so I had to fill the rest with our WV (very hard) well water. I only had to add about 15% well water. Once I added the chlorine (please don't ask how much :o ) the water turned green by the time I was back in the house. How can I get it clear again? This is our second year and I am still clueless. Thanks!

poolbuoy
06-06-2006, 04:12 PM
everyone can chime in but I use Metal out, try a qt. of the concentrate or a gallon of the non. keep filtering. oh yea check your CL and make sure it's not algae bloom.

mbar
06-06-2006, 10:24 PM
It sounds like there is some metal in your well water. You didn't post any numbers, but to keep the metal in the water and not on the surface of the pool, you will have to use a sequestering agent like metal out, or Jack's Magic, metal free, sequasol, anything that will hold the metals in suspension. Keep your filter running 24/7 till the green goes away, and don't shock the pool till you add the sequestering agent. When you add water from your well, you should put the hose in the skimmer so it goes through the filter first. If you have a DE or sand filter you can put a trichlor puck in the skimmer when you are filling too.