PDA

View Full Version : Hello! New user, first post!

bab5871
05-28-2014, 11:20 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to say hello. I recently purchased a used 18' round x 48" above ground pool and relocated it to my property. I've attempted to reuse the existing liner which is 5 years old... we're aware of the risks and it's is really great shape so we wanted to at least try. So far so good. It fits around the top fine, hoping the water will push the sides to the walls better and we're hoping it will work as is to save a bit. Any help or suggestions are welcome!

Watermom
05-28-2014, 02:01 PM
Good luck with the install. Hope that liner works ........ re-used liners often do not, unfortunately. Let us know how it goes.

By the way, before you get the pool up and running, start doing your homework. Read a lot of posts here on the forum, especially the stickied threads at the top of each subsection. Also, read over on our sister website www.poolsolutions.com. And..... go ahead and order a good test kit so you'll have it before you need it. The one we recommend is the Taylor K2006 or 2006C (better buy). Not available locally, but you can get it through the following link. http://pool9.net/test/

(Items purchased from Amazon through our link earn a small percentage for the forum which helps keep this forum online. It doesn't have to be pool items; anything ordered through Amazon that starts with that link will benefit the forum.)

Welcome! Glad to have you join us!

bab5871
05-28-2014, 09:33 PM
Good luck with the install. Hope that liner works ........ re-used liners often do not, unfortunately. Let us know how it goes.

Yep didn't go well, but at least we tried! The top fit but where the side met the bottom at the seam there was just no way it was going to stretch back. It was very brittle as well. No worries, we just wanted to try to get it to work, save a little cash. Im not sure it was worth the mosquito and black fly bites I got from it. Counted 29 on my one arm that I could see without a mirror... I looked like I had chicken pox!

Watermom
05-28-2014, 09:59 PM
Sorry, I had a feeling that might be the outcome. Oh well. Nothing lost by trying! ;)

bab5871
05-29-2014, 02:35 PM
Yep no worries. New liner should be here tomorrow and installed by saturday morning.

So how do I get out of this trial user mode again?

PoolDoc
05-29-2014, 02:49 PM
membership updated. . .