PDA

View Full Version : Under liner repairs on a 30' round AG pool

KirkH
05-28-2014, 08:03 AM
Hello New member here wit A question.
Last year we had an above ground pool installed, 30' Round 52" deep. After uncovering the pool I see some large washouts around the edge of the pool in spots. A couple are about 2" deep and maybe 8" to 10" in diameter.

Is ther A way I can stop this and get the divets out?

Thanks in advance
Kirk

Watermom
05-28-2014, 09:41 AM
Maybe somebody will have an idea for you. Unfortunately, I don't. But, I did have a similar problem.

When we filled our very first pool years ago, I had the garden hose taped to the edge of the top rail filling the pool. Overnight, the tape came loose and the hose popped out and was aiming at the base of the pool. Who knows for how long! We had an area on the floor of the pool near the wall where the sand washed out. It was about as big as an adult's footprint and about 3 or 4 inches deep. We just lived with it and never had any problems. I just told the kids to not mess with "the footprint" and we never had any issues.

Welcome to the Pool Forum!

PoolDoc
05-31-2014, 04:57 PM
Trying fill in UNDER the liner of a filled pool is pretty hard.

I'd focus on stopping what ever is causing the washouts. If the current depressions aren't bad enough to result in liner damage, wait till you can drain it, and lift the liner.

. . . membership upgraded.

KirkH
05-31-2014, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the replies and the upgrade.
We have started the task of pulling back all of the landscape rock and adding more topsoil around the pool. This past winter was A tough one here in NJ with lots of snow and heavy freezes. the yard is worst then it has ever been. Lots of low spots, so we are raising the border around the pool by about 3" and tapering it away from the pool.
Would it be better to put plastic under the rock when we put it back, Or is the landscape fabric we used fine for the job?
Thanks
Kirk

PoolDoc
05-31-2014, 08:52 PM
I'm NOT experienced with landscaping, but my uninformed guess is that it would be better to NOT trap water under the rocks, and plastic could do that.