PDA

View Full Version : 1st test results using PS234

tjcat
06-06-2006, 11:04 AM
I just filled my pool with trucked water yesterday.
I get full sun from about 9am til 7 pm with partial shade from 3-4 pm. We got about 5 small leaves in the skimmer from yesterday when it was filled. We did add some bleach last evening according to the bleach calc(83 oz.) and I have 1 3"trichlor puck in a floatie
Here are my results from the PS 234:
FC 1
CC 0
TC 1
pH 7.8
Alk 150
Cal 140
Cya 0
Temp 66
28' above ground, 50" water depth, 1 1/2 hp DE filter, vinyl liner
Thank you!

duraleigh
06-06-2006, 01:13 PM
TJ,

Did you have a question?:)

tjcat
06-06-2006, 02:28 PM
I would like to know what I should add to my pool next? More chlorine, should I get the pH down? I thought someone could help me, sorry I wasn't more specific.

duraleigh
06-06-2006, 02:44 PM
Hi, TJ,

I would add two things today. Stabilizer (CYA) and more chlorine....don't count on the pucks to do either one...they're too slow.

Put in enough CYA to bring your pool up to at least 30ppm. It'll say on the container how much to add. (your pool is 19,000 gallons) It'll take a few days for the CYA to take effect but get it in there now.

Add enough Cl (at dusk, 'til your stabilizer takes effect) to bring it up to about 6ppm. For the first few days, you will lose ALL the Cl during the day so adding it at dusk will let it work all night before the Sun gets it.

Might have to adjust pH a little later but, for now, get that stabilizer in there and remember to add Cl each evening to bring your level up to about 6ppm.

You're off to a good start. :)

tjcat
06-06-2006, 06:35 PM
Thank you for your help! I added some cya to my skimmer (it is really hard to dissolve this stuff!) and I will add more bleach tonight. I really appreciate all of your help!
tj

duraleigh
06-06-2006, 07:05 PM
TJ,

Yeah, just let that CYA go on in to your pump and filter. It'll sit in there and dissolve soon.....probably 48 hours...sometimes a little longer.

You'll notice that it's starting to work when you can keep Cl in the pool during the day.

You're off to a good start. You were smart to truck in your water.