PDA

View Full Version : First test this year

Millercchase
05-22-2014, 07:20 PM
To make a long story short. Opened pool, started pump, pump burnt up <24 hrs. later. 2 weeks later i get a new pump put in and started cleaning (It's been running for ~5 days now and the water looks great). I work out of town and do not have a taylor test kit YET. The pool is 26 year old fiberglass and there is a white film on the walls that is bad enough that i can brush the walls and cloud the whole pool. Upon researching i found that a low calcium hardness can cause this. Since i dont have a test kit i took a sample my local pool dealer, although hesitant. They are using a new machine to calculate chemistry. Its a Waterlink Spinlab that prints out reports. It states as follows.
FC-1.32 ppm
TC-1.52 ppm
PH-8.1
Hardess-140 ppm
Alk 115 ppm
Cyanuric acid- 27 ppm
copper and iron- 0
Salt 2800-ppm

My questions are-
Has anyone had any experience with this type of tester? I figure its more reliable than them manually running test due to taking operator error out.

I will be leaving town tomorrow for several days tomorrow and i purchased some salt (SWCG reading low), Stabilizer, and a bag of Calcium Chloride. I have muratic acid for PH. I don't wanna just go pour all this in the pool and try to fix everything at once. Im pretty new to pools but i figure this may adjustments at one time may not be good. What should i start with? Any helps or tips are greatly appreciated. Thank you