PDA

View Full Version : Jandy Activator wiring question - newbie

tombeaux
05-19-2014, 10:16 PM
Long-time pool owner.... new to the forum. I just had a Zodiac iAqualink controller installed. It replaced a 16-year-old Aquadyne Mini panel. The cables from the activators had the 3-pin connectors removed and replaced with some standard electrical terminals.

We can put new 3-pin connectors on (had to go online and order-- couldn't find a local supplier). My question is the wiring order in the connector -- red, white and black. I am told if I get the white correct, the black and red will work either way. I might just have to flip the toggle switch on the activator.

Any help would be appreciated.

PoolDoc
05-21-2014, 05:33 PM
. . . membership upgraded.

Sorry, but I can't help with your question. The only people likely to know the answer to that sort of question, right off the top of their head, are service guys who've worked on those units. That lets me out, and since I tend to be pretty harsh with pool guys who try to sell their stuff here, the concentration of pool guys here is low.

PoolSpaForum.com is possibly your best bet for a question like that. Lots of spam, though.

(I assume you have called Jandy? If you haven't gotten it fixed by July 4th, you might call back. Pool manufacturer customer service is in their "we are drowning", so CS guys are likely to blow off questions that aren't proper warranty questions. Later they won't be so busy.)

patrick3229
06-19-2014, 09:54 AM
This guide here shows you How to Replace your Jandy Actuator (http://www.inyopools.com/HowToPage/how_to_replace_an_actuator_valve.aspx) hopefully this will help you out.