PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the pool's in Raleigh,NC

poolbuoy
06-05-2006, 12:42 PM
I am from Mass. and looking At House's on the internet. Interested in Moving to Raleigh with Wife and family. Looked a many,many homes and very few with pools...Seems like lots of people have them here. Why not there in Hot summer climate?

CarlD
06-05-2006, 02:11 PM
I am from Mass. and looking At House's on the internet. Interested in Moving to Raleigh with Wife and family. Looked a many,many homes and very few with pools...Seems like lots of people have them here. Why not there in Hot summer climate?

Try Cary, Durham and Chapel Hill! Especially Cary. Also, try the NE side of Raleigh.
(Lived in Carrboro and went to grad school at UNC many years ago--When Michael Jordan was still a college B-Ball player and Jimmy V. won an NCAA title with nobodies)

ivyleager
06-05-2006, 02:21 PM
Hey, from Durham NC here. A lot of the newer, full scale developments have their own community pool. Seems to be a trend in this area. Can't say that I know of many existing homes w/ pools. Several in our neighborhood, but are >15 yrs old.

I know flying in to RDU airport you see TONS of pools from the air. We have 'em, but not listed on MLS maybe. Good luck!

CaryB
Go 'Canes!!

ShelleyAnn
06-05-2006, 03:35 PM
We were wondering why no one had pools in our neck of the woods around Denver, and we looked and looked...turns out a neighbor we don't know 4 houses away has had one in their back yard for years and years and we never knew it!

poolbuoy
06-05-2006, 05:47 PM
Try Cary, Durham and Chapel Hill! Especially Cary. Also, try the NE side of Raleigh.
(Lived in Carrboro and went to grad school at UNC many years ago--When Michael Jordan was still a college B-Ball player and Jimmy V. won an NCAA title with nobodies)

We want to be close to the RTP since my wife's work is going to be moving lotsa jobs there. Cary I liked and Durham and Chapel hill too. I also liked Apex but it is in the wake school district and they may be going to year round classes. How far to RTP and what's the best highway to commute on?

Sorry if I'm off topic but this is important to us. Thanks,Scott

us7sail
06-06-2006, 10:21 PM
I live in Chapel hill and have been here for 9 years. I love it. Actually chapel hill zip but chatham county. Close enough to the bigger city but small town feel. university is here, just nice feel. Chris