PDA

View Full Version : Pressure too High!

auntphibian
05-04-2014, 08:55 PM
I actually have a couple of questions or concerns. My water pressure is running near 40 and I cannot get it to reduce for anything. It pops the lid off the leaf pot, at times. What am I doing wrong?

I need an automatic above ground pool vacuum, any recommendations?

Do you have any thoughts to The Angry Egg's Algae Eater?

Thanks!

mas985
05-04-2014, 10:07 PM
AG pumps cannot reach that pressure (most IG pumps too) so you probably have a bad gauge. Does the pressure go to zero when you turn the pump off? Are you feeling water come out of the returns?

CarlD
05-04-2014, 10:28 PM
Last time I had that happen somebody watching my pool had turned off the main return thinking it was the solar panels....blew the fitting in the top of the pump right out! Luckily there was a lot of teflon tape so the threads in the pump weren't damaged, just the fitting.

auntphibian
05-04-2014, 11:39 PM
I have a feeling I know what the problem is. The pool was a big algae pit before opening. I went to the pool store to have them show me the set up if I removed the Mineral System. I have 2 eyelet returns on the pool, upper and lower. I asked if I had to open the bottom return, since I cannot get to it without getting in the "swamp". He told me I did not need to worry about it until I got the pool clear. I have a "T" shaped attachment, so that I can attach both returns, but had to close off the one going to the lower return, until I can open it.

From doing some reading, I can see this can cause high pressure. Although my pool still has some green in it, I guess I need to get in and open that return. If I backwash, the gauge goes to normal readings, but once filter is back on, the pressure goes right back up. We'll see if I can rectify that situation if it changes anything.

auntphibian
05-07-2014, 02:46 PM
I opened the other return but my gauge is still high. It does not go to zero when off. Ordering a new one. Thanks!