PDA

View Full Version : green algae requires more backwashing?

vinouspleasure
06-04-2006, 08:14 PM
we had the worst opening this year. The green algae is so bad I can't see to the bottom of the deep end. Lots of leafs and debris.

Our pool company opened our pool and he told me I'd need to do more backwashing because the green algae mucks up the filter. Is this true?

They also put our filter shell on backwards this year...sigh.

duraleigh
06-04-2006, 08:26 PM
winedrinker (:) ),

You're gonna' need a whole bunch of chlorine to clear up your pool....the filter won't do it by itself.

It will be almost impossible to give you solid advice unless you can post some test results. We all need to see FC, CC, pH, CYA, and Alk.

If those abbreviations don't make sense, post back and we'll help you get everything figured out.

Watermom
06-04-2006, 08:28 PM
You might have to backwash more often. Watch your filter pressure. When it increases 8-10si, then you need to backwash. Be sure to scoop out as much debris as you can. That will help clear it faster and allow the chlorine to work more on killing the algae. You might want to post your water testing numbers, tell us what type of test kit you are using, tell us the type and size of pool and exactly what all you have added to the water. Then somebody here can take a look and offer some help. Welcome to the forum.