PDA

View Full Version : DE Inground Losing pressure

relvistcb
04-30-2014, 11:23 AM
My pump is 1 year old.

I start filter and return jets pushing ut normal, but then after a while slows down and i see a lot of air in the pump basket see through lid. If i backwash for a min and start filter again its alot better but loses it again after a few hours, any ideas? Dont see any water leaking from unions.

PoolDoc
04-30-2014, 12:53 PM
I'm not sure, either.

It could be a suction side leak, or it could be a filter problem.

+ Which pump and filter do you have (make / model)?
+ Do you have a valve on the filter that allows you to bypass the filter? If so, what happens if the filter is bypassed?
+ Do you have a pressure gauge? What does it read OFF? ON?

relvistcb
04-30-2014, 01:00 PM
I put new filter grids in and new upgraded manifold.Old one from last year had a crack spitting de back in pool. pentair filter, not sure about the motor its one speed not 2 like orignal. You think i should try new orings on chlorinator and basket by pump?

relvistcb
04-30-2014, 01:03 PM
i'll give you better info when i get home at work now. the pressure when its on is at 10 then climbs to 20, if i shut it off it goes back down. i think the manifold with the handle to waste/backwash/rinse is all i have besides switching to skimmers/main drain

PoolDoc
04-30-2014, 01:19 PM
Pressure going quickly from 10 - 20 suggests something is wrong with your filter, and is causing it to clog quickly.

I'd suggest opening it, and taking a look-see to make sure everything is OK and installed properly.

relvistcb
04-30-2014, 01:41 PM
ok i'll check it out, i know i put all the grids in proper space and manifold is all the way down, i shall return with update Pool Doc thanks

relvistcb
05-05-2014, 10:48 AM
ok i replaced the leaky union after the pump basket, not leaks. Still losing pressure after about an hour then barely anything pumping loses primer, but check the video gauge drops when i shut it off. I know i put the new fins correclty inside the filter with new manifold and it all fit together perfectly no spaces tightened down. No leaks on outside just wondering would the oring inside the filter where grid manifold will make it lose pressure?
http://youtu.be/fQvR3swDEzQ