TC 20 + Brown
PH 6.8
ALK 80
CAL 250
CYA 60
TEMP 84

Sherra
06-04-2006, 07:58 PM
WOW! :eek: Are you sure about those numbers? If they're correct, you should NOT have a CC reading. But, as a possible solution to burn off that much TC...throw in a dead animal carcass...that'll use it all up in a hurry! ;)
(I hope you know that was a joke...even though it would use up lots of chlorine I really wouldn't want a dead carcass in my pool if I could help it - although I did find a dead mouse in my skimmer this morning - ewww!!!)

Just did a quick bleachcalc calculation...assuming approximately 13,000 gallons for your pool that would take just over 40 gallons of bleach to get your FC up that high!

duraleigh
06-04-2006, 08:15 PM
LT,

Don't worry about shocking....that 'ole pool has been electrocuted!!:D

I'm pretty sure that 185 is a typo but prepare yourself for more smarta** comments like mine.

You're practically my neighbor (us good 'ole boys have to stick together) so you will always get a quick response from me.

The answer to your question is just let it ride....with an exception....if you test tomorrow and still have that 1.0CC, you'll need to put in some more Cl 'til it's outa' there.

I know you didn't ask, but you probably need to push that pH up a tad with some borax...say maybe around 7.2

How does your water look?

duraleigh
06-04-2006, 08:19 PM
Rats!! You got it corrected before we could finish razzing you!:)

The serious portion of my first post still stands. :)