PDA

View Full Version : Bubbling Water Feature Pot Leaks

Safecrackin Sammy
04-13-2014, 04:14 PM
Hi All!

Just fired up my 2005 Viking IG fiberglass pool for the season and as usual "what needs repaired now?"

It has a 20 gallon fiberglass flower pot that sits on the edge of the concrete and spills back into the pool.
The plumbing from the pool pump and fiber optic feed come up thru the middle of the pot.

The pot will fill as normal, but appears to have a leak between the bottom of the pot and the concrete. When turned off, the pot holds water so I assume the leak is from the plumbing feed. I have looked all over the net and see nothing really like it since most people seem to use the waterfall over the rock thing now.

Two questions:

Does anybody have a link that would show installation instructions for one of these so I can get some better info on planning an attack?

The plumbing feed and fiber optic coming into the pot seem to have a sealer [appears yellow in color and looks like it was gunned on from a tube] that will need to be removed to pull the pot to repair. Any idea on brand and source for this to complete the repair?

I have a pic of the pot but cant attach cuz I R a nubie.

TIA!

PoolDoc
04-14-2014, 01:54 PM
post a link to the pictures on Flickr, Picasa, or Photobucket . . . or email the pictures to poolforum@gmail.com

. . . membership updated; post moved in appropriate member section

Safecrackin Sammy
04-14-2014, 02:31 PM
Here is a link to the pic... The leak occurs on the back side of the pot torwards the grass [normal drain direction] and as said earlier it comes from beneath the pot versus a leak in the pot.

http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q792/klhill60/Bandit1year2_zps9517ca66.jpg