PDA

View Full Version : Question about pool jets.

Conquer14
04-10-2014, 08:10 PM
First off, I do not know anything at all about pools. Also no test kit. The owners apparently relied on test strips. I know we need to order a good one. Anyway, I'm not sure how the jets should be pointing in my inground pool at the house we rent. The jet in the deepend has an angel and I can twist it to go whichever direction it needs to be. The jet in the shallow end however, has a very, very slight angel. It pretty much only goes straingt. It will point slights to the but other than that, it will only point straight. The skimmer is is close to the center of the 2 jets on the same side. Not sure if the water is circulating good or not.

Pool place had me put Metal Klear in the pool yesterday. Along with, shock and then some Phose Free in the skimmer. I was told I should be able to see the bottom of the deepend today. If not I need more shock. I could kind of see this morning but it was like a shadow, because the water was still light teal blue color and cloudy(was yellow/brown 2 days ago). She did say give it 48-72 and it should totally be clear. She gave me 5 more pounds of shock today and said if it doesn't clear up then they'll have to come out here and check everything. I told her everything is running fine. Water pressure out of jets are good. Psi on pump was 15 this morning but 18 now since 2nd shock. Psi was at 20 yesterday until I backwashed and rinsed. I guess I'm wondering if the jets aren't pointing right, could that be why is not clearing, because it's not properly circulating?

PoolDoc
04-10-2014, 09:33 PM
How the jets are aimed is almost never a critical factor.

It's pretty normal for it to take several days to clean slime, especially on above-ground pools with undersized filters and oversized pumps.