PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried this CHLOREASE

slowtan
03-30-2006, 06:16 PM
http://www.bestbuypoolsupply.com/above-ground-pools.htm

Is it a SWG ??? I definately like the price and I have a 18 round so I am very interested. Once you get into a salt pool , you really don't like yours that much after that.

Stephen

waterbear
03-31-2006, 01:31 PM
http://www.bestbuypoolsupply.com/above-ground-pools.htm

Is it a SWG ??? I definately like the price and I have a 18 round so I am very interested. Once you get into a salt pool , you really don't like yours that much after that.

Stephen I looked it up and did a little researd on the web. From what I have seen it is a cell that just hangs in the pool producing chlorine. I would wonder about the lack of waterflow through it. All the other AG SWG's I have seen are plumbed so water flows through them and into the pool while the pump is operatonal. It would seem to me that unless you had it right next to the return there would not be a good reduction in combined chlorine since the same water would be in the cell for a long period of time.:eek: It might work like a charm or it might not but I would tend to believe the latter. There is an old saying that you get what you pay for and I think this might be an example of that.

check out http://www.smartpool.com/website/recwatertec/chlorease/ for what I believe is the manufacturer's website.

Waterworks
04-01-2006, 12:33 AM
We have new chlorine generators made specifically for hot tubs called the 'Tubby'. It requires no flow at all to generate enough chlorine to keep the spa sanitized. I'm sure this system is similar, but on a larger scale to produce sufficient chlorine for a pool.

Brad
www.waterworkspools.com

slowtan
04-28-2006, 12:54 AM
I am going to get one from Ebay and will let you know the results. I am just unsure what kind of salt or how much salt I need for a start-up.

I am also curious if the level of chlorine produced is adjustable. It says up to 18000 gallons while my pool is just under 9k gallons so I don't want to have too much.

Stephen

Michelle in TX
05-17-2006, 04:49 PM
I am going to get one from Ebay and will let you know the results. I am just unsure what kind of salt or how much salt I need for a start-up.

I am also curious if the level of chlorine produced is adjustable. It says up to 18000 gallons while my pool is just under 9k gallons so I don't want to have too much.

Stephen

I have had a Chlorease SWG installed in my AG pool (also 18' round) since last August ('05)... to date all is going very well. I'm even further south of you slowtan so we didn't have any winter to speak of -- I didn't "close" the pool but also didn't maintain it as if it were fully "open" either during the winter months. To my delight everything (levels) stayed right where they should and we were swimming in March when we had that lovely triple digit temps. hit us as if it were July.

With the Chlorease there is no ability to adjust levels however... only on and off. If you purchased one and are now trying it out I'm sure you've discovered this already.

I do kind of like the idea of being able to set/adjust levels but at this point for me I don't see the need to spend the money to be able to do that while all is working just fine without that ability. In time if that ability proves to be a necessity I would consider the couple of name brands that offer that and have been recommended often here -- but at this point I'm enjoying my first full summer with a SWG at a lower price tag. If there are lessons in that to be learned... I'm up for it! So far, so good. :-)

105ex
08-02-2007, 04:27 PM
From what I have seen it is a cell that just hangs in the pool producing chlorine. I would wonder about the lack of waterflow through it. All the other AG SWG's I have seen are plumbed so water flows through them and into the pool while the pump is operatonal. It would seem to me that unless you had it right next to the return there would not be a good reduction in combined chlorine since the same water would be in the cell for a long period of time.:eek: It might work like a charm or it might not but I would tend to believe the latter. There is an old saying that you get what you pay for and I think this might be an example of that.

check out http://www.smartpool.com/website/recwatertec/chlorease/ for what I believe is the manufacturer's website.Do you think it'd work if one of these AG ChlorEase is put in an IG pool right next to one of the water return outlets?

Even if it doesn't completely replace the needs to add chlorine to the pool, maybe it'll be quite helpful for additional sanitation?

Spensar
08-02-2007, 08:32 PM
Do you think it'd work if one of these AG ChlorEase is put in an IG pool right next to one of the water return outlets?

Even if it doesn't completely replace the needs to add chlorine to the pool, maybe it'll be quite helpful for additional sanitation?

There is an inground model that is inline but can also be plugged into a GFI recepticle vs. hardwiring.