PDA

View Full Version : AGP Out of bottom track

ljc123
04-05-2014, 08:50 PM
Over the winter two of my uprights heaved causing the bottom of the wall to come out of the track. About 10 linear feet. How bad is this?

The rest of the pool is fine and the structural integrity of the part out of the track seems fine.

Just wondering what this will cost to fix and is it in danger of blowing out?

Thanks!

PoolDoc
04-06-2014, 08:49 AM
Just wondering what this will cost to fix and is it in danger of blowing out?

Cost is highly local -- call NOW before the AGP guys in your area get busy with new work!

The track is part of the structure; the risk of "blowing out" is high, if it's not repaired properly.

Sorry for your problem -- we've seen more winter related damage reported on the forum this year, than the last several years put together -- 'global warming' has really done a number on a lot of people's pools! ;)

CarlD
04-06-2014, 10:12 AM
I've had winter damage myself, for the first time. The weight of the ice actually was more than the baby elephant in the Loop-Loc safety cover ads--and bent the spring clips out of shape, snapped one, and tore all the copings that hold the top of the liner in place into the pool. Luckily, it's all fixable, but it's time-consuming hard work.

ljc123
04-06-2014, 06:47 PM
Thanks for your input. Whats odd is that it came out of the track and the wall moved inside the track instead of outside of it.

CarlD
04-06-2014, 09:11 PM
Probably very little.

ljc123
04-06-2014, 11:26 PM
Probably very little.

But it did. It makes no sense to me. I would figure with all of the pressure towards the bottom it would be impossible for the wall to come off the track and move inward.