PDA

View Full Version : intellflow vs

clayton2000
04-01-2014, 01:26 PM
Hi ,I just installed a intelliflow vs pump, wondering the best way to sit this pump up with an in floor system? looking for information on speeds and times to run the pump . I have a ifloor system 12,000 gal in ground pool with a heat pump that I run in the winter about ten hours a day the pool is idle during the summer so just need to circulate the water to clean ...thanks

mas985
04-01-2014, 05:01 PM
Generally, a VS pump on a in-floor cleaning system will not realize much of an energy savings because an in-floor cleaning system requires high pressure and flow rate which means you will be running the VS at close to full speed most of the time. The less you run the in-floor, the more energy you will be able to save.

As for the RPM when using the cleaner, about the only way to determine that is with trial and error. Try 3000 RPM and see if all the heads pop up and the cleaner is working properly.

As for when you are not using the cleaner, 1000 RPM is the most efficient but it may not be enough pressure for the pressure switch in the heater so you may need to experiment some or adjust the pressure switch.

clayton2000
04-01-2014, 05:16 PM
Thanks ,the long run time is to run the heater I heat my pool in the winter and that is the run times i need to get the temp up during the summer I will run it about 3 hours thanks

SBR_GUY
04-04-2014, 04:12 PM
I have the same set up on my pool and I am thinking about getting the Intelliflo VS. So my question is the same. I just do not heat my pool the summer sun does that all by itself. So how whould I set up my pump?? 1 hr at 3000rpm (for the in floor cleaning system) and then 6 hrs at 1000 rpm in the summer hottest part of the day??????

clayton2000
04-04-2014, 04:36 PM
Hi, I will report back Sat The pool company is sending out tech to sit the system up for me ,the first tech didnt know much about the system I have....

SBR_GUY
04-05-2014, 12:45 PM
Hi, I will report back Sat The pool company is sending out tech to sit the system up for me ,the first tech didnt know much about the system I have....

They are suppose to instal mine this coming Wednesday.

clayton2000
04-06-2014, 12:56 PM
update tech came out yesterday and got everything working the way it is suppose to Happy Happy , it is now sit up to run 4 hours to heat and clean with pop ups at 3050 rpm and to run 4 hours to heat at 1800 and circulate the water plus operate the chlorinator. When I leave in a month I will by pass the chlorinator and us a floater and just run for 4-5 hours to clean only ...

SBR_GUY
04-06-2014, 03:31 PM
Good deal. Mine is going to be installed Tuesday.