PDA

View Full Version : help with impeller on old Hayward SuperPump

jose107
03-21-2014, 09:25 PM
ok I cant seem to find where I can post the pics, so I will wait for some one to tell me how, in the mean time I will explain my problem, I tried to change an impeller on a superpump, 1 hp....done it a couple of times, so it wasn't something new to me, what I did encounter was that the defuser I had never seen before, after I took every thing apart, put new seals, I placed the plate where it goes, then the impeller.....when I turned on motor just to check that every thing was ok, impeller got stuck in the plate....now I could just take it out and go buy another one, but at pool place, even though the guy was not sure told me that because of the look of the defuser, it was an old model and that that was the issue any sugestions?

PoolDoc
03-24-2014, 12:05 PM
I'm not sure I can help you. I've worked on SuperPumps, old and new. But not enough to know if there's been a model or parts change.

If you have the old parts still, you should be able to compare the old and the new, and see if that is the problem.

Good luck!

jose107
03-24-2014, 07:44 PM
yea that was the problem...the impeller was the wrong one, since it was a really old pump, had to change to new plate, defuser and a new impeller, thanks any way

PoolDoc
03-24-2014, 08:41 PM
glad you could work it out.