PDA

View Full Version : Hayward Aqua bug won't move

milmoko
06-03-2006, 06:26 PM
Hello All,

I purchased a Hayward Aqua Bug last year that worked fine up until recently. The Aqua bug just sits in the same spot without any movement. I checked for and I can feel vacuum pressure under the mouth of the unit. I was able to vaccuum manually and that works fine. Could this unit be in need of repair already? Please help.

CarlD
06-03-2006, 06:35 PM
Yes.

There are some plastic parts inside that if they break, it won't run.

prh129
06-04-2006, 10:53 AM
Did you check to make sure that the bumper ring on the bottom spins freely?
I also heard that the little rubber feet wear out after awhile so check on those too while you're looking.
If that isn't it, here's a phone number for Hayward if you want to talk with somene there - 1-800-227-1477.

Peter

prh129
06-13-2006, 02:47 PM
This just happened to me yesterday. The Aquabug was moving along then a short while later I noticed it wasn't moving anymore. I picked it up to check for suction and as I put my hand underneath, I must have hit one of the wings and it started moving so I'm guessing it just got stuck. It was fine after that.

Peter

fofa
06-14-2006, 12:11 PM
I have the navigator, but I assume they are close. Sometimes I will get something inside that stops the turbine from spinning. Usually I can take the suction hose, hold over the bottom opening and suck the obstruction out.