PDA

View Full Version : Jandy Stealth Pump Making Loud Noises

Pahonex
03-09-2014, 03:14 PM
My Jandy Stealth Series Pump (Model SHPF/SHPM) recently began making progressively louder noises that are best described as "grating". I pulled the backplate and diffuser and found the brass lining inside the diffuser was torn to shreds. Here's a pic

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7319/13040544163_4b60a7dd8a_z.jpg

I replaced the diffuser and reassembled. The noise has lessened, but is still there. It sounds like something is still grating on something else. Funny thing though, the impellor tube does not show any signs of wear where it extends inside the diffuser.

Any ideas as to what is still happening and how I fix it?

Pahonex
03-30-2014, 08:29 PM
A one-time bump back to the top to see if anyone can help me. I tried to take the pump seal out but can't get the impellor off the shaft. Manual says to take off the shaft cap on the other end of the motor and hold the shaft with a wrench. Problem is the original motor was replace under warranty and does not have any such cap. Also, there is some sort of spring switch covering the screw head.

PoolDoc
03-31-2014, 07:56 AM
Send me a video, with sound: poolforum@gmail.com

I'll post it on Youtube. We're finding sound+visuals make it easier to troubleshoot problems like yours.