PDA

View Full Version : solar cover for oval pool.

henry
03-01-2014, 04:51 PM
I have just ordered a solar cover for my oval pool 18ftx36ft, ? how much overlap on sides should I leave, and where should I fix the straps on my cover to make it easy to roll up.

CarlD
03-05-2014, 09:49 AM
You'll find that your cover will tend to stretch over time. The BEST fit is so it's laying on top of the water and just touching all sides--but that's hard to achieve and it will stretch on you.
If you have a roller, you'll put the straps at one end of the cover. If you don't, not sure what good the straps will do.

PoolDoc
03-05-2014, 04:27 PM
membership upgraded . . .

henry
03-05-2014, 08:48 PM
I have just ordered a solar cover for my oval pool 18ftx36ft, ? how much overlap on sides should I leave, and where should I fix the straps on my cover to make it easy to roll up.

----------------------------------

thanks for reply, maybe i didnt explain fully on my post, ref the straps, yes i do have a reel and just want to now should i fit the straps on my oval cover by folding cover at the bend and fixing straps to cover to enable easy recovery of cover, the last one i fitted i fixed straps on the edge of oval shape but found it difficult to recover onto reel etc.