PDA

View Full Version : Buy JUST the Intex Easy-Set Pool?

donovan.lambright
02-21-2014, 11:36 AM
After three summers of use, our 15' Easy-Set pool finally developed a leak. Rather than try to fix it, I figured that we had gotten our money's worth and discarded it. My plan was to buy a replacement for this summer.

Since we already have the pump, ladder, and other peripheral equipment & plan to get the same size pool as before, I was hoping to just buy the pool. Seems a shame to get all that stuff again when I doubt I'll be able to get anyone to take the old equipment.

But I'm not finding just the pool for sale anywhere, just the starter kit with all the stuff. It could be because I'm looking too early during the winter but I get the feeling that's not it. Am I being unrealistic? No big deal, either way. The extra cost is pretty minimal. I just hate to discard a perfectly good pump and ladder.

BigDave
02-24-2014, 12:15 PM
I used to see the Big Blue Bag by itself at several online stores but haven't in a couple years - not seriously looking though. Tell us if you find one.

RedwingT
03-09-2014, 07:57 PM
Try Intexcorp.com for a replacement without all the other stuff you already have. I was just there and found a new liner for my 15 x 48 metal frame Intex pool ($167.00 compared to $349.00 for the whole kit) as I didn't need all the other acessories either. This liner I am trying to find reviews on says with laminated bottom which I am hoping means it has an added layer of protection on the bottom as my other one was very thin plastic. I got frustrated last year with no one wanting to help take it down and actually thru it in the trash! I think I need to work on my temper a bit! lol

I did see a 15 x 36 replacement on the easy set but don't know what size you actually need. Good luck.

CarlD
03-09-2014, 11:33 PM
If your Intex is a donut, then you can easily repair the donut or the bottom. The sides, being heavily reinforced, either with nylon or fiberglass matting, is almost certainly not repairable as it's structural. But the bottom, lower part of the sides and donut are all standard vinyl and a patch kit is VERY inexpensive. Plus, if you know where the leak is and can patch it while dry, it's much easier than an underwater patch (I've done my share of THOSE! )